Objectives of Green Fodder Production-
- Green fodder provides natural way of nutrients for animals and plays major role in Livestock growth and health.
- Green fodder cultivation cut the cost of feed Produced green fodder can be made into silage and used for future.
- Green fodder production time is short and as most of the varieties are perennial, one can get fodder for years.
- Cultivation cost and maintenance of green fodder is low
- Livestock required green fodder, dry fodder and concentrate in their feed.
- In case of green fodder most of the farmers in Bhandara district use available green grasses on paddy bunds for feeding of animal.
- KVK has established fodder crop unit which contain perennial fodder crop such as Hybrid Napier verities Phule Jaywant ,CO-4,CO-5,DHN-10.
- The spacing requirement for cultivating fodder crop is maintain at 1×1 Meter at KVK field Sindewahi.